The question ‘Doctor, What Should We Be Drinking?’ has hit my inbox for the umpteenth time following a post I shared before.
A dear one even told me she is confused about what to take.
Let’s get this clearly : In general
1. Avoid carbonated and fizzy drinks (also called soft drinks) no matter what the ingredients in it are.
2. Avoid power drinks
3. Avoid drinks with refined sugar and colourants.
4. Avoid artificially flavoured water
5. Avoid diet drinks
7. Avoid syrups
8. Avoid instant satchet powder drinks
9. Always look through the list of ingredients.
Today, TRY INFUSED WATER
Infused water entails soaking a piece of fresh fruit(like a slice of
orange, cucumber, banana peels or lime) or dry fruit(like prekese) ,
fresh leaves like mint leaves or spices like ginger,cloves in water.
It is then left for some minutes.
During this time, the substance of the fruit or leaves or spice gets
absorbed into the water.
Chill and drink.
Begin to desensitize and condition your psyche to start loving water.
You will find that your family members will begin to enjoy drinking
water, albeit flavoured by you.
P. S. Get creative with this.
I will share more about drinks you can make for your loved ones
and for yourself in a subsequent post. Do keep tabs!!
I love you, I love your health
Your favourite family physician,