Today, I will be sharing a very simple recipe.
I decided to tweak the way in which I prepare it and it came out fantastic!!!!
I will be introducing a meal that may be strange to some, and well known to others.
This is one of the advantages of the diversity of this great country.
Nigerian acha is popular in northern Nigeria and can be used to make a lot of dishes.
Nigerian acha is high in amino acids and very nutritious.
It is powerfood and a superfood.
NIGERIAN ACHA BURRITO
1. 2 cups Nigerian Acha(fonio) cooked in chicken or meat stock.
2. One flat bread
2. 1 cup cooked Nigerian red /brown beans
3. 2-4 cups chopped lettuce
4. 1-2 chopped onions
5. 1 cup cooked fresh corn (corn is in season now)
6. Spiced Pepper sauce
7. One avocado (optional)
1. Break a handful of the flat bread into pieces in the bottom of each serving bowl.
2. Spoon some of the cooked acha over bowl
Followed by some of the beans
Then layer on the rest of the toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, corn, and avocado.
3. Top with the sauce.
(Use more or less of all these ingredients,as desired)
Have a yummy Saturday!
I love you, I love your health
Your favourite family physician,