Bisola is no fan of fruits because in the home she grew up, fruits were rarely eaten.
She had decided to take a good step towards healthy living, but found out that fruits were just not her forte.
She met with me and we discussed other ways she could get a chockful of nutrients from fruits.
In Nigeria, smoothies are currently trending. Smoothie bars are popping up everywhere!
Smoothies are a perfect way to get necessary daily nutrients.
Today I prepared Ugu Smoothie using a handful of chopped Nigerian ugu leaves, one banana and half a glass of milk. You can use non-diary milk if you so choose.
To do so too, get those, mix them and blend away!
I love smoothies because:
– I can get all my daily nutrients into a glass.
– It takes less than five minutes to prepare.
– They are delicious.
– They fill me up, so I am less likely to overeat.
– They satisfy my hunger when I do not have time to eat.
– They provide a ton of daily fibre, which keeps my digestive system in good order.
– I can customize my smoothies according to my daily changing needs.
– I can make enough for the whole family.
– Smoothies make great after-school snacks.
– I can drink it on the go and/or take it to work with me.
– They give me a jolt of pure plant energy.
– I can include my least favorite-tasting vegetables like Nigerian Ugu, and totally disguise the taste.
– I can save a ton of money by making a healthy organic smoothie at home.
– I can unleash my creativity by designing concoctions that no one has even heard of.
– I can ditch processed, sugary, and additive-filled foods with healthy foods, without even having to cook.
Will you kick off your smoothie eating habit today?
Let me help you do so.
I love you, I love your health.
Your favourite family physician,