I was discussing with my friends the other day about how a variety of drinks could be made at home.
By the time I drew up a list of the drinks I make at home, they could only shake their head in amazement.
They then went on and on about home preparation being stressful.
Fortunately, my dear neighbour shared a true life experience; he went to visit a friend and there was a woman selling cooked items by the road side. It had rained that day.
He saw the woman scoop water from the puddle/collection of water on the floor and pour into a large pot.
She waited for the water to sediment and began to cook what she was going to sell to the unsuspecting public with such water!!!
Needless to say, my point drove straight home.
For me, the best part of it is that it is economically friendly and there is no compromise on the quality.
Today I will be sharing on How To Prepare Homemade Nut Milk. The prototype will use groundnut.
1 cup of raw groundnuts
1. Pour hot water on the groundnuts and leave for a few minutes or till you notice the skin become baggy.
2. Pour out the hot water and replace with cool water.
3. Massage the groundnuts between your palms and watch the skin come off. Once they have all come off, decant the skin.
4. Pour cool water into the bowl of peeled groundnuts and leave to soak for 3-4hours.
5. After 3-4 hours, blend with as little water as possible till smooth.
7. Pour the milk into a pot and cook over medium heat till it boils. Stir often so that lumps do not form.
8. Once it boils, leave to cool completely. Add vanilla and sweetener (optional).
Remove the milk skin floating and serve chilled.
I love you, I love your health.
Your favourite family physician,