In my post here , I shared on anti perspirants and deodorants. In the comments section, many requested I share my secret recipe for my homemade deodorant.
I did promise to share it and I have finally got round to doing that.
There are basically three categories:
- The push up bars
- The pit paste
- The body splash
I love the pit paste because it is creamy like a lotion and I just dab it on and I am good to go.
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon zinc oxide
- 40 drops of your favourite essential oil or perfume
- Mash ingredients together in a bowl.
- Simply place all the ingredients in a bowl and mash together with a spoon. Transfer to a jar, and chill in the fridge.
- In very warm weather it’s best to keep it in the fridge. In cooler weather, you can keep it out.
- Corn Starch and baking soda: help keep you dry
- Coconut oil: protects/nourishes skin
- Zinc Oxide: addresses wetness/odour
Dab on your armpits and off you go!
I love you, I love your health.
Your favourite family physician,