Bimbo was newly married and dreaded the act of sex with her husband. She cooked up excuses any time her boo made moves to make love to her. She had sought help in many places to no avail. Several failed treatments later, she walked in to my clinic. After we got talking, Bimbo confessed that for some reason, her husband’s sperm hurt her a lot and because of that she did not look forward to intercourse.
She experienced severe burning, severe vaginal itching and vaginal swelling after intercourse. Bimbo was allergic to her husband’s sperm and had the condition called Seminal Plasma Hypersensitivity.
Below is a quick survey to determine your likelihood of suffering from this condition:
1) Do you experience pain, vaginal itching or swelling following sexual intercourse with your partner without using condom?
2) Do you experience redness, itching, burning sensation or swelling when your partner’s semen touches your skin or any part of your body aside your vagina?
3) Have you ever had difficulty in breathing, chest tightness or dizziness following unprotected sex with your partner or just the contact of your skin with your partner’s semen?
4) Do you have other form of allergies like asthma, hay fever, allergy to food?
5) Are you unable to conceive with your partner?
6) Have you visited your doctor and the symptoms you have seem to have no cause; not urinary tract infection, not sexually transmitted infections, not tumours?
If your answers to the above questions are all YES, there is a high chance you are allergic to your partner’s semen. You should see your family physician.
Semen allergy is more common than is thought. It could happen to anyone.
I love you, I love your health.
Your favourite family physician,