It was a sad morning I woke up to. News just reached me that an eight year old while
playing, fell into the well in the compound he lived and he drowned within minutes.
The fire service in Kano was alerted and got to the scene twelve minutes after the call.
Alas poor Danladi was no more. Sobs*
If you have a well in your neighborhood, if have children or loved ones who are children, endeavour to keep the surroundings safe for them. It’s our duty to these little ones.
Follow these tips:
1. Make sure the well is a distance from the house
2. Teach the children early that the well is a no-go zone
3. Ensure that the well has a rim some metres above the ground
4. Ensure the well has a heavy lid
5. Ensure the well is covered after every use.
Let’s do this for every little Danladi out there.
I love you, I love your health
Your favourite family physician
* If you have kids and you would like us to visit your kids’ school for more health and