Growing up, cooked oats was a nay for me. It just would not go past my mouth no matter how hard i tried.
I then grew to love raw oats. Now the recipe i will be sharing today is a great one that is safe for diabetics, obese, hypertensives and every other regular member of your family.
My recipe does not use sweeteners or sugar.
1. Raw whole rolled oats or stone cut oats. Not refined oats like Quaker oats. Whole oats contain lots of fibre and are quite filling,unlike refined or quick cooking oats. In Kano,Nigeria, you can find them at wellcare or shoprite.
2. 1 teaspoon of Currants or Grapes. I prefer currants
3. 1 cup of plain unsweetenied yoghurt.
4. 1 Mango
5. A handful of coconut slices or tiger nut
1. Soak some tablespoons of raw whole oats in yoghurt in a jar. Yoghurt should completely cover the oats
2.Leave overnight in the fridge
3. In the morning, add your currants, mangoes and coconut/tigernut and stir.
Voila, it is ready to be served.
I love you, i love your health.
Your favourite family physician,
Special shout out to my girlfriends Patricia and Shirley who stopped by mine to pick theirs every weekend.
NB: For those with dietary cautions and restrictions, You can contact me to register and for our special diet course