My philosophy is that you are better off without. I haven’t had a drop for decades, and never ever feel I am missing out.
You can dramatically cut down on your alcohol consumption or give it up.
I’m not intrinsically against it, and actually studies have shown that red wine in moderation can be part of a healthy Mediterranean-style diet.
However, those glasses of wine can easily add up and push us into the not-so healthy camp.
So from time to time why not take a week off give your liver a rest and a chance to detox, and if you feel better, stay alcohol-free for a while.
There isn’t a man or woman I know who doesn’t admit to feeling 100% better off alcohol.
Here are reasons to dramatically cut down on your alcohol consumption or give it up:
1. Cancer Risk:
Drinking alcohol increases your risk of cancer.
2. Increased risk of liver disease.
3. Weight Gain: It’s fattening:
People who don’t drink alcohol find it much easier to keep the kilograms off.
Diet carbonated soda may be even worse for weight gain, but alcohol is not far behind.
4. Bad For Your Skin: It catches up eventually.
Those who indulge in a few glasses of wine each week can start looking puffy and inflamed.
I can almost always tell one who drinks everyday because it shows in the skin
5. Silly Mistakes: Drinking a few glasses of wine can invariable lead to saying somethings you regret, weeping (embarrassingly) if you’re sad, outbursts of anger!
6. Sluggish: Since alcohol is hard on your liver (your main organ for detoxification), drinking even a couple of glasses a wine every evening can slow you down the next day.
7.Sleep Issues: Most people become more sensitive to alcohol as they get older.
This often shows up in disturbed sleep patterns.
If you have trouble sleeping, give up booze! In younger people, the opposite is the case.
8.Intolerance: When a friend’s mom hit 60, she got drunk after just one glass of wine.
This is typical for post-menopausal women, who often develop extreme insensitivity to alcohol.
If your cheeks burn, and you find yourself slurring your words after just one glass of your favourite drink, you might have become sensitive/intolerant.
9. Not Gorgeous: Tipsy men and women or full-on-drunk women and men are not attractive. There are other ways to chill out and socialize that are far more alluring!
10. Saving Money: Going out for dinner and drinking water instead of wine can almost halve the bill though Nigerians usually make fun of those who do.
It is beginning to get classy these says though!
Finally I will like you to send in your favourite alcohol brands and their percentage alcohol content.
In a subsequent post, I will share on how much alcohol you can safely consume
I love you, I love your health!
Your favourite family physician,