Are you aware of the consequences of skipping breakfast?
It is such a bright day today.
Last week I shared on ‘The Myth Of Skipping Breakfast’ and this is the concluding post.
Many of us skip breakfast and I used be like that.
You see, by not eating a healthy breakfast, you cheat yourself all day.
Several detrimental consequences affect your work performance and ability to focus.
This is, in addition to consequences, that affect your health.
Work Related Consequences Of Skipping Breakfast:
1. Tiredness or likelihood of experiencing fatigue early in the day
2. Inability to focus or poor concentration
3. Fatigue and decreased alertness.
4. Less memory capacity, higher chance of irritability or restlessness and bad mood.
Perhaps, unknown to you, there are health-related consequences of skipping breakfast:
1. Greater chance of weight gain due to unhealthy snacking.
This brings to mind those who quickly gulp a bottle of Coke and a snack. Perhaps, you can relate with this.
2. Higher risk of developing diabetes.
3. Increased possibility of high cholesterol.
4. Higher potential for high blood pressure.
You think there is no time for breakfast by not eating a healthy breakfast, you cheat yourself all day.
There’s always time for breakfast!
If you don’t think you have the time, you may just have to plan ahead or think outside the box to fit breakfast into your routine.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
It is important you inculcate it in your family.
We do better when we know better!
I love you, I love your health
Your favourite family physician,